March 3, 2009

On a More Personal Note

My posts have been fairly tech/rant-heavy over the last while, so I figured I'd take a breather and bring everyone up to date on, well, me.

I've been madly posting to the PKCC sessions and regional talk, doing my part to help revive the Ottawa parkour scene. Yesterday, fainjoe (one of the PKCC regulars) and I paid a visit to the Ottawa Gymnastics Centre for their open gym session; apparently this is where all the traceurs are hiding, and no wonder - there's plenty of equipment and floor space to play around with. I'm confident that we can turn this into a cohesive and highly active group again. In the meantime, I'll be hitting up OGC and Vertical Reality (thanks for the tip, fainjoe!) as much as possible, aiming for my (possibly foolhardy) term goal of 5 consecutive muscle-ups.

Aside from that, I've been trying to knock all those menial but necessary items off my to-do list - things like filing taxes (in both the US and Canada!), making sure I can graduate on time (despite my propensity for taking the hardest classes possible), and finally firing off some essential emails. Not so exciting, but it will be nice once I have these weights off my shoulder.

I did manage to come up with a decent approach to my current project at NRC. I could tell you what it is, but - well, you know.

I'll be in Indiana for the last weekend in April - prepare your lynch mobs now, Hoosiers! As we Canadian pirates say, ehhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

2 comments:

  1. Is it really..... ;) Where can I find a Canadian pirate? It's not like you have water access, anyway, so how can you have pirates?

    What about a letter you owe me?

    Can you do any muscle-ups yet?

    And it's sort of sad, but the weekend before you're here our parkour group is having a crazy-long get-together that will involve a) training and b) watching District B13.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as it is apparently of the utmost importance for even landlocked nations to have naval prowess, so it is with pirates!

    Um. Will the letter Q do?

    No - but I'm getting close!

    I'm currently doing a lot of a), and I've done b) at least thrice, so I think I can afford to miss this one ;)

    ReplyDelete